phd Technical services biopharmaceutical process chemist chemistry development engineering technical transfer validation pharmaceutical tabletting cork
Cork Cork city
55000 - 65000
3 - 4 Years
Third Level Degree
Technical Services Specialist
Cork Based - Permanent role
Works collaboratively with Formulation and Process Development, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Materials Management, Regulatory Affairs, Project Management, and staff from other functional areas to meet complex project deliverables such as: new product introduction, process technical transfer and scale-up, qualification of new API and excipient suppliers, start-up of new manufacturing sites and optimization of current manufacturing processes while ensuring an uninterrupted commercial product supply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Contributes to the completion of all technical support activities related to maintaining commercial product supplies through management of internal and external resources.
· Contributes to and may lead complex processes across functions and interacts effectively with the other team members to ensure product meets regulatory, performance, and cost requirements.
· Contributes to and may lead technical investigations of process deviations and assessment their impact on product quality. Defines requirements for, and reviews master batch records.
· Contributes to the user requirement specification, and provides process technical support to the utilization and validation of new and improved equipment used for solid dose and liquid products; writes and may review qualification/validation/technical reports.
· Liaises with manufacturing groups to deliver new and improved drug products and processes to the Cork site.
· Can lead one or more specific components of departmental strategic initiatives.
· May provide technical guidance and training to manufacturing team members.
· BSc or MSc degree in a scientific field, such as engineering, chemistry or a related technical discipline.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry experience, with experience in formulation, technical transfer, scale-up and technical support of commercial scale drug products.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
If you are interested in hearing more about these opportunities, please call Rory Walsh, Senior Recruitment Consultant, for a confidential discussion on 021 4626112 021 4626112, or send your cv to email@example.com.
If you are not interested in this role but you would like to hear about future opportunities in the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries in Munster, please feel free to send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.