16 bit 32 bit C++ Project ARM 9 Embedded Software micro controllers. 8 bit C Software Development DSP assembly
8 - 9 Years
Third Level Degree
Senior Embedded DSP Engineer
In partnership with its client, Kenny-Whelan is currently seeking a Senior Embedded DSP Engineer to work for their client in the Co. Galway area.
· Lead Project Teams and report on Software Development activities as appropriate to the Software Team Leader.
· Provide technical leadership and guidance to other SW Engineers as a SW Architect.
· Assist Team Leader with the following tasks as agreed:
· Reviews of Internal requirements, Customer Requirements, Specifications etc.
· Selecting appropriate design solutions and hardware platforms for embedded S/W development.
· General software & product design reviews and problem resolution.
· Complete scheduled tasks within assigned projects to deliver software development output to the project team as per agreed timing plan
· Contribute to routine software design reviews, peer code reviews and software acceptance test activities on a regular basis
· Comply with company Software Quality processes, ISO15504.
· Contribute to the definition of the Software Development requirements and deliverables
· Facilitate and contribute to technical communication with relevant customers
· Participate in Technology / Supplier / Tool Selection etc. for new developments
· Support Product Marketing and Business Development activities as required
Skills, Abilities and Education
· Graduate in Software Engineering or equivalent
· 8+ years working with embedded software.
· Embedded Software experience (a must); assembly, C, C++ for 8/16/32 bit micro controllers
· Software technical architecture experience (ability to lead technical aspects of a project : SW Architect)
· Experience with ARM 9 and DSP development ( preferably TI DSPs)
· Experience with Advanced Video Processing, Video Encoding/Decoding, Vide Compression M-JPEG, MPEG4 and H.264.
· Experience with Network Protocols Ethernet and Wi-Fi
· Familiarity with Design for Reuse and Design Patterns.
· High degree of innovation and creativity
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Automotive experience an advantage
· Experience with Video processing, video formats, desirable
· Software project management experience.
· German language would be an advantage
· Experience with version control and change control tools.
If you are interested in the above role, please send an updated CV marked for the attention of Linda Nugent, email: email@example.com or telephone for a confidential chat on 021-4665407