Engineering Manufacturing Precision Quality Manager
40000 - 50000
3 - 4 Years
Quality Manager Job in Dundalk
In partnership with its client CPL is currently seeking an experienced Quality Manager for an engineering company in the Dundalk area.
The Quality Manager will have direct responsibility and provide direction, management support and leadership. You will operate at a hands-on level throughout the plant, promoting quality achievements and performance improvements throughout the organisation. The QA Manager will represent the company's quality function during supplier and customer meetings, and will represent the company during customer and notified body audits. You will also have responsibility for the development of site- specific quality control plans and inspection plans.
Skills and Experience required:
· Applicants must have a degree in Quality Engineering/ Engineering / Science. Post graduate diploma/masters in quality management desirable.
· Minimum of 10 years' experience in a quality management role in an engineering/manufacturing environment within the Medical Device, Automotive or Aerospace sectors.
· Proven track record of making quality and compliance decisions applying sound engineering and regulatory judgement while taking an overall approach to understanding the business impact of their decisions.
· A strong background with experience in machining metal, working within tight tolerances and surface finishes are important for this role.
· Minimum of 3 years' experience managing people; good communication skills and be able to demonstrate how you have lead and motivated a team to achieve goals and deadlines.
· Ability to act independently, with the least amount of direct supervision, self-organise, schedule and prioritise workload and manage simultaneous activities.
· In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and have formal Lead Auditor Certification and must be able to demonstrate their experience in leading the organisation through customer and notified bodies' audits.
· In-depth knowledge of how to gather and produce PPAP packages and experience in working directly with the customers supply engineer to obtain approval.
· Experience in the collection and analyses of SPC data and be comfortable in discussing the output with the customers supply engineer.
· Ability to produce and discuss Process Capability studies as frequently requested by customers.
· A clear understanding of the principles of lean and working knowledge of the use of lean six sigma tools for use in problem solving within the production/quality team would be an advantage.
· Experience in managing the implementation of a quality management system as the company plans to achieve registration to ISO13985 during 2012
To apply or for further information please contact Sheena Crosbie on 028 302 53457 or apply through the link below.
Key words: Quality, Engineering, precision, job, role, career, opportunity, Dundalk, Louth, RoI, Republic of Ireland, Ireland