analyst business analysis Business Analyst
Dublin City Centre Dublin South Leinster
2 - 3 Years
Our client is currently recruiting for a Business Analyst for an exciting, growing company.The Business Analyst is responsible for liaising with cross functional business teams in order to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes in business processes, policies and information systems across a number of strategic initiatives. All work will be undertaken in accordance with the project management structure. Required to produce significant amounts of technical and functional specifications. They will also be required to create and maintain extensive business process and user acceptance testing documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Gather and manage the business requirements, scope definition, validation, acceptance criteria, transition and implementation for business and IT projects.
• Defining mappings and business rules to achieve compatibility between “as is” and “to be” models
• Create and review technical and functional specifications in accordance with scope and objectives of the business requirements
• Liaise with internal and external software development teams to clarify development requirements
• Test the developed systems against these requirements to ensure that the delivered system is fit for purpose / specified intended use.
• Obtaining appropriate sign-off
• Reporting of progress to Project Manager
• Escalation of risks and issues to Project Manager
• Project manage small initiatives
• Ad-hoc Problem Solving
• Support implementation activities including planning, training and deployment activities
• Drive and Challenge Business Units on their assumptions of how they can execute business processes
• Degree in Business or IT with a minimum 2.1 overall result
• Formal project management qualification is advantageous (e.g IPMA, PMP, PRINCE2)
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• SQL/PLSQL knowledge
• 3+ years in a Business Analyst role required
• Proven experience in defining and documenting business requirements
• Experience in analyzing and documenting end to end business process flows
• Strong on relationships, proven track record of working within cross functional teams touching various functions and various departmental projects
• Ability to clearly define requirements in significant details leaving no room for misinterpretation.
• The ability to test systems thoroughly, reporting and managing these issues through to resolution
• Ability to engage successfully in multiple initiatives simultaneously
• End to end experience of project lifecycle
• Excellent communication, interaction and influencing skills.
• The ability to adapt to a dynamic business environment
• An understanding of Formal Project Methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, AGILE, PRINCE2)
• Project Management Qualifications advantageous (e.g IPMA, PMP, PRINCE2)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite including Microsoft Project
• A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having determination to follow things through.
• Good prioritisation and time management.
• Self motivated, innovative and analytical.
For a full Job Spec and further information please call Linda at 01 2784671 or email your CV in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Log on to www.thornshaw.com for more jobs.
Business Analyst, analyst, business analysis