Proggrammers IT Roles Galway Java RHEL Software Programmer
Galway Galway city
3 - 4 Years
Third Level Degree
An opportunity has arisen for a Java programmer with 3+ years of experience, to join an existing R&D team leading international provider of IT Services.
As a java programmer, suitable candidate will become a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and supporting an exciting new R&D integration project. This is the ideal role for a Java programmer with RHEL experience looking to develop their career.
· Work as part of a team designing, developing and supporting solutions.
· Write, maintain and execute unit tests
· Work as part of a scrum team.
· Understands how to write and implement stories
· Supports implementation and post-installation testing and fixing of any problems
· Adherence to Committed end timeline as defined by the Sprint Schedule
· Understanding and following approved Disciplined Agile methodology.
· Performs other job related duties as assigned
· 3+ years Java experience
· Java in a JEE environment
· Knowledge of Object oriented programming and UML
· Software development experience
· XML, XSLT, Schemas
· Perl & unix shell script
· Knowledge of one or more of the following
· Oracle pl/sql developer
· BEA Weblogic
· SQL, Oracle 11g
Other skills of interest:
· Working in a Scrum environment
· Writing test stories
· Test driven development
· Exposure to use cases and structured test plans
Maven, Subversion, Eclipse
· Test automation techniques
· Ability to work as part of a Global Team
· Application Design
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Technical Writing skill
· Self motivated
· Multi tasking abilities
· Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills and the ability to work under minimum supervision.
A BSc or MSc degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics would also be beneficial. (The employer is willing to accept any suitable combination of education, training and experience)
For more information contact Ronan on 091 507527 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org