QA automation creation and execution of testing activities planning scripting test specifications tester manual and automation UNIX
Dublin South Dublin West
4 - 5 Years
My client is looking for a Senior Test Engineer with experience in both manual & automated tests on frontend GUIs and backend servers. The role is based in the office with only occasional customer interaction and travel envisaged. The Senior Test Engineer must be able to take ownership of specific complex testing tasks, and take them to completion.
Key Requirements and Competencies:
• Write Test Specifications from Requirements & Functional Specifications
• Review Test Specifications and the work of other test engineers.
• Take an active role in the design and implementation of test schedules
• Clearly, concisely & timely report status
• Leadership role on larger Test projects.
• Design & execute manual and automated test cases
• Interact with developers, architects & SMEs to discuss & resolve defects
• Mentor, coach and review test engineers
• Design, implement & maintain Processes & Process documentation
• Review user & customer documentation
• Investigate, evaluate & introduce tools, technologies & techniques
• Occasionally execute interoperability & acceptance testing on a customer site
• Occasionally deal with customer issues.
- Strong on technology and technology best practices
- Vision for QA in Agile world.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- High level of initiative
- Ability to manage multiple activities.
- Ability to identify the critical success factors and risks.
- Focus and determination.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to influence the QC Test Strategy, putting forward innovative ideas and recommendations.