Test automation Unix project scheduling project based testing Web technologies software testing Linux web server defect management technical background lead
Dublin City Centre Dublin West
5 - 6 Years
My client is looking for a Lead Test Engineer responsible for implementing a structured quality management process including tools, metric, reports and also implementing quality process and innovation to deliver quality projects in a timely and efficient manner.
You will be responsible for managing several complex test functions including test innovation, test process, test tools, test automation, test script management, test execution and defect management.
Key Requirements and Competencies:
- Manage Test projects with a team of 5 to 10 testers in international locations.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure quality and timeliness of projects.
- Write Test Specifications from Requirements & Functional Specifications
- Review Test Specifications and the work of other test engineers.
- Clearly, concisely & timely report status
- Design & execute manual and automated test cases
- Interact with developers, architects & SMEs to discuss & resolve defects
- Mentor, coach and review test engineers
- Design, implement & maintain Processes & Process documentation
- Review user & customer documentation
- Investigate, evaluate & introduce tools, technologies & techniques
- Occasionally execute interoperability & acceptance testing on a customer site
- Occasionally deal with customer issues.
- Proven record in leading test teams and projects
- Excellent Written & Oral Communication
- Strong experience of software development on Unix & Linux platforms
- Telecommunications network, protocols and technology
- Scripting or Programming Languages such as Perl, PHP, Shell, C, Java
- Good working knowledge of databases & tools, Oracle preferred
- Knowledge of Performance/Load/Capacity/Stress Testing
- Tools - test case / defect management
- Version Control - CVS/SVN
- Experience with Test automation
- Web technologies
- Educated to degree level.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.