General Nurse Nursing Jobs RCN London Staff Nurse Nursing Jobs UK London Nursing Jobs London Matron UK NHS Hospitals London Experienced Nursing Jobs Senior staff Nurse Nursing Nursing Jobs manager CNM England Nurse RGN RSCN CNS Nursing in UK
30000 - 40000
4 - 5 Years
Third Level Degree
Kate Cowhig International recruitment
WARD MATRON, NHS HOSPITAL
JOB SHARE - PERMANENT
Kate Cowhig International Recruitment are seeking an experienced Ward Manger. The position will involve job sharing with a current 0.4 wte Band 7.
This is a 16 bedded Acute surgical ward and 8 trolleys Clinical Decision Unit for Surgery. The turnover is fast and you will contribute to the A&E 4 hour target through ensuring the surgical flow of patients.
Specialities include ENT/plastics as well as such conditions as acute pancreatitis etc. There is also some colorectal/urology and more.
- The post holder will have full managerial responsibility for the Surgical Ward. He/she will provide professional, clinical and managerial leadership to the staff and will be a recognised specialist within the field of General Surgery & Urology.
- To implement the Trusts' Core Values and Philosophy of nursing, ensuring they are embedded into everyday practice and evaluate their impact on the customer experience.
- To provide evidence based care pathways to enable the implementation of individualised patient care, to include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for all patients, monitoring progress via the Nursing and Midwifery balanced score card
- To lead on the implementation and development of the Enhanced Recovery Pathway.
- To lead and monitor the performance of standards of care in accordance with national best practice.
- Ensure that all data required is entered onto the Nursing and Midwifery Dashboard
- To manage the work within the clinical area effectively and make the best use of resources; encouraging and leading service development accordingly. To bring in a balanced budget at the end of the financial year.
- To ensure that professional accountability is maintained in line with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct (2008).
- To demonstrate strong and effective leadership skills.
- RGN - Current first or second level NMC Registration
- Minimum of five years post registration experience of which one year must be at F grade or above within the UK/Ireland
- Degree in Nursing or other relevant field or can demonstrate experience of working to this level.
- Leadership course, module, or qualification
- Evidence of continuing education & professional development
- ENB 998/City and Guilds 730 or equivalent
- Specialty qualification (where appropriate)
- Demonstrates delivery of a balanced budget
- Evidence of strong and effective leadership skills.
For further information email email@example.com
Call in confidence (UK) +44 207 8338830 or (Ireland) +353 1 671 5557
Kate Cowhig International Recruitment,
49 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland