process improvement autocad lean six sigma Project management automation
7 - 8 Years
Third Level Degree
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
In partnership with its client, Kenny-Whelan is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work for their client in the Galway area. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects with. Overall responsibility for various projects, including identifying process improvement projects, design / development / implementation of new equipment / automation cost saving projects. Generation of project plans, budgets, timelines, etc. as well as daily support to manufacturing and the Engineering Department. The candidate will be capable of leading cross functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of improvement and new product projects.
· Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation.
· Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects.
· Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practises, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure that all products/processes are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements / best practise.
· Working independently, leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
· Plans, organizes and provides direction to technicians and Production personnel, as required.
· Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
· Generates ECN (Engineering Change Notices), Protocols and prototypes under broad direction.
· Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
Skills, Abilities and Education
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering/Biomedical or Masters in a related discipline
· At least 7 years previous related experience
· Automation experience is desirable.
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
· Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
· Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD / Solidworks and / or 3D modeling experience.
· Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
· Ability to manage cross functional teams.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project or similar.
· Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
· Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performance with good working knowledge of applying 5S and TPM programs. Green Belt or Black Belt certification an advantage.
If you are interested in the above role, please send an updated CV marked for the attention of Linda Nugent, email: email@example.com or telephone for a confidential chat on 021-4665407