hplc malls wet chem chemistry Qc wet chemistry malls ri uv gc analytical development quality control analytical chemist laser light
Dublin South Dublin West Kildare
1 - 2 Years
Third Level Degree
Your role will be to provide analytical testing, method development and process characterisation support to several functional groups including: Protein and vaccine process development and pilot scale manufacturing, and our commercial manufacturing, quality, and regulatory business partners.
Working in a multidisciplinary analytical team you will contribute to the characterisation and analysis of therapeutic glycoproteins, vaccines, and other molecules.
Within this role you will:
- Become expert in the application and development of analytical methods used for the characterisation and manufacturing support of therapeutic proteins and vaccines.
- Provide analytical support to bench and pilot scale production of proteins and vaccines process development and investigations as required.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and investigation support during pilot manufacturing and start-up operations.
Education and Experience
To be successful in this role you will require:
· B.Sc. / M.Sc. or higher qualification in analytical biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or a related discipline.
· Experience in several major areas of analytical sciences such as: HPLC, MALLS, GC, other chromatography, mass spectrometry, spectrophotometry, capillary electrophoresis, molecular biology, Vaccines & Protein analysis, Colorimetric assays and Vaccine chemistry. Capability of working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Possession of good problem solving abilities and communication skills.
· Ability to independently plan and perform work assignments, interpret and present data.
· An understanding of industry specific standards/ regulations e.g. ICH, GMP, Environmental, Health and Safety etc.
· Demonstration of ability to interpret regulatory guidelines for execution of technology transfer and implementation of analytical method validations considered an advantage.
· 3-5 years experience in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry with independent contributions as an analytical scientist through one or more of the following:
a. Demonstration of problem solving ability through independent contributions to analytical method development programs.
b. Lead role in implementation of method development activities.
c. Subject matter expert in one or more analytical technologiesFor more information, please contact Jenny Navan on 016146072 or email Jenny.Navan(at)cpl.ie